At least 27 people were rushed to hospital after being poisoned by carbon monoxide at an illegal bunker rave in Oslo.
The toxic fumes are said to have come from portable diesel generators at the illegal party in the St Hanshaugen area of the Norwegian capital, as the Guardian reports.
Five people, including two police officers who were first on the scene, are in a critical condition but their lives are not in danger, the Norwegian news agency NTB said. Two of the five were released from intensive care, NTB reported.
Up to 200 people in their 20s and 30s had gathered in the capital Oslo for the party, which used portable diesel generators to power lighting and sound systems. Officers discovered the event when a police patrol met a group of confused young people in the park where the bunker lies.
Two people have been charged with trespassing and unauthorised use of the bunker.
According to Aftonbladet newspaper, the “rave cave” event was organised secretly about three weeks in advance on Facebook.